|Skills||Soldering, Coding, UI design, Audio|
The idea is to use the Pandora and it's I/O on the Ext-Connector in combination with an atmega328, buttons/knobs, and Character-display, to make a 'stompbox' effects-pedal using hardware inputs and software processing.
- Pandora portable computer
- Arduino mini-pro (communicating over UART)
- ext-connector and breakout-board
- Audio-plugs, buttons, knobs (pot-meter? rotary-encoder?), hd44780-display,
- Puredata - (With some externals: comport, wiimote, iemmatrix, pdp?)
- Jack2 (jack1 has alignment error-thingies) - Can get as low as 21.3msec latency.
- Arduino-embedded code: https://codebender.cc/sketch:36411
- Protocol to talk between Pd and controller (read buttons, send lcd-message)
- Use Pandora touchscreen for direct control -> Kaospad-ish effects
- Do video-processing as well (GEM, pdp) over the video-out for live visuals (GEM may not (yet) work on OpenGL ES2)
- Next project -> replace Pandora with RasPi/CubieBoard, which to embed inside the stompbox
- https://ccrma.stanford.edu/wiki/Stompbox_2011 - workshop using Pd and Beagleboard, with demo-patches!
- http://guitarextended.wordpress.com/2012/03/05/guitar-effects-chain-with-pure-data/ - nice example patch with some basic effects
- http://playground.arduino.cc/Interfacing/PD - Pduino: The Firmata firmware and matching Pd object.