|Skills||Networking, TCP/IP, vlans, routing|
Since the spaghetti-network at Interference there was the plan to combine all the networks at the Binnenpret and share data/info/services on it.
This page is to document what needs to be done to organize and facilitate this plan.
There are 3 internet connections:
- Living-spaces + MKZ + Bolox
What we want
- At minimum: connect ALL the networks! o/
- Ideally: get one massive internet connection for all of the binnenpret .. eventually
- Switches: there are a number of gbit switches available (working + broken). These need to be modified to be more quiet (ie. @ MKZ a loud whizzing switch is _not_ appreciated, so new or bigger fans with appropriate case-mod can be implemented instead).
- Cables: there are already cables between LAG->MKZ and MKZ->Bollox. Another cable from Bollox->OCCII can be fitted?
- AccessPoints: currently none, unless some Linksys routers can be re-appropriated.
- Sensible layout and vlan structure
- Documentation ..